Fort Garry Women’s Resource Centre remains committed to creating a community where women and children are safe, healthy, valued and empowered.
With this focus, we will follow directions from the Government of Manitoba during the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Current changes at our location:
Until such time as we can feel confident that we can safely offer these services:
- Outreach services will be suspended.
- Tuesday outreach will be suspended.
- Children’s counselling program will be suspended.
- In-person counselling sessions will be suspended. Abbreviated telephone check-ins will be available for counselling clients where required.
- Public education events will be suspended.
As new information becomes available and recommendations change, FGWRC’s plan will evolve as well. You can receive regular updates by checking our website, social media, or calling (204) 477-1123.
In the community:
The Crisis Response Centre is still taking walk-ins. They will screen clients with questions requiring exposure to the virus, and direct them to the most appropriate centre for help.
The Klinic Crisis Line 24/7 is still available (204) 786-8686 or (888) 322-3019
If you feel you require screening for the virus, please contact Health Links: 204-788-2800 or 1-888-315-9257. You will be screened before accessing the testing clinics. Including in the screening are following four questions:
- Are you experiencing
- Shortness of breath/ difficulties breathing
- Generally, not feeling well
- Have you travelled outside Canada within the last 14 days?
- Have you had contact with anyone with confirmed COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
Through taking these measures, we are confident we have created an environment of caring for our clients, and allowed space for our clients to care for themselves and others.