(Already full – call on morning of Aug 24 re: cancellations – no wait-list)
Offering FREE legal consultation (Up to 30 minutes) for women who have legal questions or concerns in the area of:
- Family Law
- Poverty Law (issues relating to social assistance, MPI, Pension benefits, housing, and WCB claims)
- Human rights and equality rights
- Employment law, including wrongful dismissal
- Personal injury and;
- Other general litigation matters
Until we are able to hold in-person legal clinics, we will be offering scheduled appointments. These appointments will be facilitated as either a telephone call, or a zoom call.
- The legal consultation clinic is designed only for women who have not dealt with a lawyer. Lawyers will provide legal information – not advice. Consultation information may also be conducted at the discretion of the lawyer.
If you would like to participate in this, you can choose which type of call you would prefer, and you can also choose to participate from your own home (or car or what have you), or we can set you up in a private room at Fort Garry Women’s Resource Centre. Pre registration is required by calling (204) 477-1123.